Saturday, November 1, 2008

We Voted!

Lee and I are absentee voters. Actually, I think our whole county is. I started voting absentee after I had Mac. I had him on a Monday, we were voting for something (not a presidential year) on Tuesday, and I was still in the hospital with Mac on voting day. It bugged me that I couldn't vote because of circumstances out of my control.
It's been nice to be able to sit down, look things over, and be able to think about what you are voting for.
Lee and I sat down, discussed initiatives and people and filled out our ballots. I then took them to an official drop off place-where we can drop off our ballots, instead of mailing them through the Post Office.
I can't wait for this election year to be over. I think I'm looking forward to it more than most years. I'm so sick and tired of watching T.V. and seeing negative ads. I am thankful more than ever for our DVR-so we can bypass that stuff. I'm not going to get political or push my views onto anyone. I am grateful that I can vote, I am grateful that Lee and I share the same views and that we are not a "house divided", and that my voice will be heard through the voting process.

No comments: