Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

We had a really great Thanksgiving Day. The Turkey-was perfect.

The table was set nicely. We had Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Company Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Honey Glazed Carrots, Cranberry Sauce, Apple Stuffing, Rolls, Pumpkin, and Apple Pies. Oh, and Martinelli's Sparkling Apple Cider.

Mason was wondering why we were using the fancy dishes, the fancy bowls, etc. At his school the day before, he was asked what he was grateful for-he said his house.

My guys. They dressed themselves. All three of them were wearing their Carhart Overalls an hour before this was taken. They clean up pretty well.
The Day after Thanksgiving, I woke up Mac at 4:45am to go shopping. He needed new jeans, and Old Navy had them on sale for 50% off one day only. I haven't been able to buy him a pair of jeans "off the rack" for him since he was 1-2 years old. He is hard to fit when it comes to jeans. We got to Old Navy 1/2 an hour after they opened, and he was kinda awake. He pepped up after we were done, and was wondering where we were going next. We went home. I didn't get any pics of the shopping trip-I was barely awake myself.

The day after Thanksgiving, it's a tradition with me to put up the Christmas Decorations. I think this comes from working at Nordstrom for so many years. They always have Christmas Decorations up the day after Thanksgiving. Mason has been obsessed with helping me decorate. I assembled the tree (yes, it's fake) and put the lights on the tree. I told Mason we would decorate the next night. When I wasn't helping decorate the tree, he took it upon himself to do it for me.

He pulled the ones he like best out and threw the ones he didn't like on the floor. This is what I found on the floor. Mac's first Christmas ornament, that is fragile-glass, and the Santa Wreath ornament that I have had since my first Christmas with Lee. Both-priceless and un-replaceable.

And this is how he likes to decorate the tree. He likes to clump ornaments on one branch-or in one area. Not to worry, when the boys go to bed, I "redecorate" the tree. When they wake up, they never know. I'll post pics of the tree later. I hope all of you had a Happy Thanksgiving!






1 comment:

32 Flavors said...

I'm so guilty of "redecorating" the tree too! I try not too, but I just can't help it!