Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I found them! Spec House Pics

So....I was looking around in Lee's office to find the disks for my scanner, so I can actually use it. I didn't find them, but I did find another disk. It was a disk that Lee made over the summer when he emptied out the Memory Card from our Camcorder/Digital Camera. The disk said "Spec House Pics"-so, here is the house, that consumed us for about a year )the end of 2006-early summer 2007). We were so blessed that the house sold in less than a month. We know we are blessed, and we say that everytime we talk about it. When I went back to S. Whidbey a few weeks ago to see Mason's Pediatrician, I saw homes that are still on the market-that have been ON THE MARKET since before we broke ground, while we were building, and of course after, and now.
The building lot for this house was small and challenging. Our options were to build a 1 level house that was under 1,000 sq feet , or a 2 story. Either way, we were looking at building a house without a garage, because of how the lot was. Building a new house, without a Garage and/or a Master Suite in this day and age is almost unacceptable-and would not sell. So, while I was browsing through some home plan books, I came across this one and asked Lee if this house was possible. It is 3 stories. The lower level is the Garage, with some storage space. Second level is the Living Room (with a 2 story ceiling), Family Room, Kitchen, Dining Room, Powder Room, and Laundry Room. The third level had the Master Bed/Bath, second bedroom, "office" or third bedroom, and another full bathroom. It also had a linen closet, which Lee said there was no space or room for-but low and behold, he found space after he framed it.

The front of the house. Notice the shingles-I stained each and every one of them by hand. All of them. The 2 decks on the left-the lower one is off the Family Room and the upper one is off the Master Bedroom. There was a veiw of the water from the deck and bedroom.
We put in Bamboo Flooring. It was very inexpensive to put in, and it came pre-finished. It was beautiful after Lee installed it. It was in the whole main floor level-except the Powder Room and Laundry Room-Lee intalled Tile in those 2 rooms.

The Master Bath corner tub. Lee tiled the tub area, and the floor. When I tell people Lee can do everything, I'm not exaggerating. He has to sub-contract the plumbing and electrical because he's not licensed to do that....but he can and has on a few occasions.

The double vanity sink in the Master Bath. There is also a separate shower in there, and a toilet room as well, but I'll spare you of those.

The living room windows-that I took from upstairs. You can see the loving room below from where I was standing. I accidentally put this pic on here, I couldn't delete it-does anyone know how?
Experiancing some technical difficulty. The pic below is the Master Bath from the doorway. I couldn't flip it around or delete it. Just turn your head (or laptop) and you can see the tile floor.
This is the fireplace in the Living Room. Lee, tiled it as well. He left room on the left for someone to place a T.V. in there, or bookshelves.

This is the Dining Room area, that is off of the Kitchen. There is a sliding glass door that goes to the back yard. It doesn't look like it, but it's a bigger space than it looks.

Below, the Kitchen. It has Maple Cabinets, we were able to put an Island in it. It is a nice size Kitchen, with plenty of space to work in.
The back of the house. The long narrow window is the stairwell. It let in alot of light into the house. The little back door on the right went into a little hallway where the laundry room was on one side and the powder room was on the other.

The retaining wall in the driveway-with a little fence thing built on top of it. The fence thing was a code issue. Someone could fall off the top part (which is the front yard) and hurt themselves. The little red head boy got in the way. He wanted his picture taken.......

so I did. And he left me alone. This is a really cute pic of him though. If I don't say so myself.


A close up of the shingles I stained. I don't know how many I stained, but it was alot. We have some left over.
Thanks for humoring me. Now all of you know what Lee does for a living. And I help him out a little.




























5 comments:

Unknown said...

This house looks awesome!! I really like it. :)

If you want to rotate pictures you have to do it before you upload them to your blog. Just about any picture software will let you do it. Microsoft Picture and Fax Viewer should be loaded onto your computer if you use Windows, it's really simple to use.

To delete pictures you can just highlight the picture that you want to delete and hit backspace or the delete key.

Jessica Chalmers said...

I love seeing those pictures and the results of everyone's hard work really is amazing.

32 Flavors said...

Gorgeous! I love the tile. Nice job.

Becky said...

OH My Gosh, I love it, maybe he could build us one when we move back, ha ha, and you did an awesome job on those shingles!!

An Ordinary Mom said...

GORGEOUS! Now why aren't you living in it?!?