Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Shopping Done

Yesterday, I did my/our food shopping for Thanksgiving Dinner. I dropped Mason off at school, I had to drop some Cub Scout stuff off somewhere else, and I went to the store. It had been YEARS since I went shopping by myself. I made really good time (less than 1 hour). It was a really good day until......I went into another Grocery Store to buy 3 items in less than 10 minutes-and my tire was flat. It was flat to the ground flat. I was freaking out because I was suppose to be home in 15 minutes to meet Mason's bus at home. Some nice stranger-with kids (who saw me freaking out a little in the parking lot), drove me home. Then my neighbor drove Mason and myself back to the grocery store where I was to deal with the flat tire. On my list of gratefulness (yes, I know, that's not really a word)-the guys from Les Schwab are on the top. It was a big adventure for Mason-he gave Lee the blow by blow in great detail of the tire guys coming to help us, how we waited forever for them to get there (it was only 10 minutes), going to Les Schwab to get the tire fixed, and then going to McDonalds for lunch (because Mason was starving to death for chicken nuggets). The guys from Les Schwab are getting a big Christmas Cookie Plate from me this year.
This is all of our stuff, except the Turkey, I bought that earlier this month on sale. I only used 3 plastic sacks-other than that, I did the enviromentally correct thing, and brought my own canvas bags. I often times forget to bring them. My sister-in-law came over from Yakima this summer for a week, and made fun of my canvas bags. This is a picture to prove, I do use them. I've been using them for 7 years now, when I discovered that the thing stressing me out most in my pantry area were the plastic grocery sacks. I also use them for other things like, snacks for road trips, extra clothes for day outings, Cub Scout Stuff, Camping, and the list goes on. I love using them, because when I put my groceries in them, I know the bags won't break on my way from the car to the house. The colored Trader Joes ones are my favorites. They aren't canvas-I'm not sure what they're made out of.

No comments: