Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I've been tagged! 6 Random Things About Me

This is my 2nd Tag. Becky Cornwall tagged me months ago, so I could get the ball rolling on my blog. I've known about this tag for a few days, so lets get on with it.

Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you. http://32flavorsandthensome2.blogspot.com/
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write 6 randon things about yourself.
4. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on thier website.

1. I have dyslexia. I can read, write and spell very well-my dyslexia is with numbers. I just couldn't accept why 2x2=4 I had to tear it apart and find out why. My Senior year in High School I was in College Prep English and Special Ed Math. I worked at Nordstrom for 11 years, and oldly enough, I worked with alot of numbers for all 11 years. I had to work with percentages (sales 33% off-50%off) Department numbers, SKU's, price points, and scheduling (keeping track of hours). I also worked on the registers, before we scanned everything, and when I started, you had to punch in the credit card numbers on the registers. Talk about overcoming your problems. I still suck at Math, and use a calculator.

2. I flunked my Driving Test twice. I flunked my written twice (passing by 2 points on the 3rd test) and my Driving twice. I have test anxiety-as well as the Dyslexia. It's fun to be me.

3. I wake up in a cranky mood when my kitchen is messy from the night before. So, my kitchen is rarely messy when I wake up.

4. I get anxious when my house is messy and my laundry isn't done. When my house is clean, and my laundry is done, I am more pleasant to be around.

5. I couldn't cook or bake when Lee and I first got married. I thought is was cool that I couldn't cook or bake. I really didn't have much of a desire to do so, and thought we could live off of Frozen dinners. I introduced Lee to his first Frozen dinner our 1st week of marriage. I soon found out, his mother made EVERYTHING from scratch, so I thought I needed to learn how to cook and bake if I wanted to stay married to him.

6. I have a calendar. I write down dates for things I need to do, when Mac has F.B. Practice, when Mason has Dr. appointments, garbage day, days that I volunteer at the school, and everything. My calendar is my brain. I do not make plans or other appointments unless I have consulted with my calendar. Lee has gotten in trouble making plans without consulting me and the calendar.

Okay, being that 32 Flavors has tagged several other people on my blog list.....I tag Jessica, Becky Cornwall, Lucy from An Ordinary Mom, and who ever else has time to read or do this tag.

1 comment:

32 Flavors said...

I hope you are a much better driver by now. Right?