Tuesday, September 16, 2008

While the Cat's Away......

1. Staining my deck. Yes, this is my real deck and not an image I "borrowed" from Google. And because we are suppose to get another nice, sunny day tomorrow.....

2. Sand and Paint the railing on my front porch and paint the steps on the front porch.

3. For the rainy days that will soon be here, painting my bathroom. Be gone Canary Yellow ceiling!

4. Remove the wallpaper off the walls in my bedroom. Except, where the T.V. is.
Things you don't need pictures to see...
5. Weeding the front and back yard. Plant grass on patch in front that was meant for flowers, but decided we don't need flowers there.
6. Steam Clean Carpets and stairs.
7. Relax, sit around and watch Soap Operas and eat Bon Bon's all day, make Hot Dogs and Mac & Cheese for dinner for the rest of the time that the Dad is gone, and do little as possible.
I get a little vacation too.



Lee left for Montana @5:37 am -well it was supposed to be 5:30am sharp, but Sleeping Beauty better known as my husband-slept though his alarm and was woken up by the door bell. He will be gone for 2 weeks. Lee going to Montana has been a tradition for 17 years. He went the first year (less than one month after we were married), and has gone once every few years. He hasn't gone in 3 years-so this was a well deserved vacation for him. Am I angry? Jealous? Absoulutely NOT! It's a "Man" trip with his Dad and brothers, and anyone else who would want to go. They drive for almost 1 1/2 days straight to Montana, sleep the next day, and drive out onto the Praries.......looking for Prarie Dogs to shoot. The Ranchers of Montana LOVE it when guys like them come. Prarie Dogs cause large holes on the Rancher's fields. Fields where they raise cattle. When a cow steps into a hole, they break a leg, and the Rancher loses that head of cattle. Some Ranchers lose alot of head of cattle, which means they lose $Money$. Prairie Dogs are challenging, because they are small and fast. So, Prarie Dog shooting is a sport. I have never had the desire to go, ever. I have seen video footage, and it validated all of the reasons why I have never wanted to go. Dirt, being out in the middle of nowhere, dirt, shooting, being around 4 or more Bryant males, and more dirt. I don't like dirt.

Anyways..........Back to my original subject of this post.
While Lee is away, the above list is a chore list of things I want to do. These are things that I have to do before it starts raining, again. These are things that would disturb the balance of our home, and inconvience some, not naming any names. We will see how much I actually get done.




1 comment:

32 Flavors said...

I hope you seriously take a little time to relax. Don't wear yourself out to quick. Enjoy the Mac & Cheese!