Sunday, September 14, 2008

First Day of School

Mac was up, and ready to go to School almost 1 hour before it started. He rides his bike to the Middle School. He loves 7th Grade, and was already talking about going to the Mid-High next year when he goes into 8th Grade. I told him he needed to get through 7th Grade first. He went to school for the first 3 days, and then he got really sick with a cough, cold, fever thing that has lasted for 6 days. He still has a cough, but is going back to school tomorrow.
The first day of School was kinda a big deal around here, for Mason. He was supposed to go last year, but didn't want to go. Started hyperventilating, crying, etc. He just wasn't ready. This year, was another story. We went to the "Meet Your Teacher and See your Classroom" night the week before, it was a big hit. HE couldn't wait to go. We got his school supplies, backpack, and was ready to go, but not to ride the bus. I drove him. All the way to school (a whole 3 minute drive) all I heard was "Mom, we're gonna be late. Hurry Mom! Drive faster Mom. Can't you find a parking spot already?!" He got to his class. He found his desk, he sat down and started writing his name on the laminateed paper with his name on it. He went right to work. He wanted me to leave right away, but I had to take a few pictures. He humored me. Then I left. But I shedded a few tears on my way to the car. I then met him off a few hours later when he came bouncing off the bus. He likes the bus, which is great, because he wanted nothing to do with this last year. I have 3 hours all to myself. What am I going to do with all that time? Going to the Gym-the same one I joined 3 months ago.



2 comments:

Becky said...

Hope, there so big, remember walking at the cemetery? I hope I can get myself up to seattle sometime soon. Miss you

An Ordinary Mom said...

I love these pictures, especially the picture of Mason. He has such a proud look on this face!

Enjoy your 3 hours of daily solitude!