Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Eggs!

In the past.....dying Easter Eggs wasn't always fun. There has always been an issue with patience, and, waiting for the eggs to turn color. Then, after the first 2 batches, I was left to finish the eggs, by myself. It didn't matter how many stickers there were to put on the eggs afterwards, or what cool egg dying kit I bought-I was always left behind to finish the task. Mac enjoyed coloring eggs, up until last year. He just lost interest, it was bound to happen, he is 13 years old after all. This year, Mason totally got into dying eggs.

This was batch #1. The waiting was killing him. I got these green plastic egg grabber things. They worked really well, and Mason didn't touch one egg with his fingers.

Mason with his favorite color, green. He could have dyed 6 dozen eggs. But, I only boiled 2 dozen.
Lee came home during the process. Mason said "Hey Dad! Why don't you come and join us." Lee told him "Why don't you ask your Mom about Dad coloring Easter eggs." Dad doesn't color Easter eggs. His job was to carve pumpkins at Halloween. That was the deal. But he came over to take a picture with Mason.
Can I tell you how much I LOVE these little egg shaped plastic cups for dying eggs? They are perfect!

All Done! This is what he did when he was finished. It was funny.

And this is what we ended up with. Aren't they pretty? We hope all of you have a Happy Easter!





No comments: