Friday, January 9, 2009

Resolutions for 2009

Yes, we are almost 10 days into this month, and I am just now getting to talking about making New Years Resolutions. Or I can call this "setting myself up for failure". I think I would like to re-name Resolutions and call them Goals For Myself, because really, that's what they are right?

This year started out with having a head cold, taking decongestants (the good ones from behind the Pharmacy counter), and having the worse sinus pain I have had since 1994 (yes, I remember the year). My family has also been afflicted with the same cold...Lee has said several times how he just wants TO DIE! He doesn't do sick well. Mac just suffers quietly, until he has had to blow his nose-and Mason has told me "my nose is very broken Mom". I am better, Mac is feeling better, Mason is on the mend, and I stopped asking Lee-but he hasn't told me lately that he wants to die, so that's a good sign. What a great start to 2009.

Lee's new Goals, usually don't start until after his birthday-which is the 13th of this month. He will be hitting the BIG 4-0. But that deserves a different post altogether. Lee has told me that he wants to change his eating habits (again), and has given me a menu of a few things. I pack him a breakfast of something he can eat in the truck with a hot beverage of either hot spiced apple cider (instant), hot cocoa, or his instant Korean tea (I'm not sure what it is). I also pack him a lunch with snacks. I do this LOVINGLY EVERY morning at 5:00am. The only times I didn't get up was when I was really sick a couple of times this year. I have managed to go back to bed and sleep for another hour and a half before Mac wakes up for school.

My new Goals don't start until Lee's start, because my new Goals also have to do with changing our way of eating. Lee feels the need to binge before his birthday, and then he's ready to "change". Changing our way of eating is difficult with kids. Lee and I want to lose weight, Mac's weight is fine the way it is and Mason needs to gain weight.

My friend at 32 Flavors posted her Resolutions, and I could have copied and pasted her's onto my blog. But I needed to tweak mine a bit.

1. No computer before the kids are in school. Unless it's vitally important.
2. Get up before 6:50am on school days.
3. Be in bed before or no later than 11:00pm.
4. Lose Weight.
5. Work Out. Eat Better. No Coke. (I've only had 2 Cokes since Christmas!) Drink More Water.
6. Post pic of myself on Blog and Facebook. (I'm vain-what can I say?)
7. Get my hair done more than twice a year.
8. Become more organized. Keep my part of the Office clean.

I think that is it. I have until January 13th to add more if I want. Does anyone else make yearly Goals for themselves?

1 comment:

An Ordinary Mom said...

I have a lot of resoluting to do, too. But I think I will wait until after my birthday as well ... thanks for the idea :) !!

And I hope your house (and my house) stay healthy for awhile. No more germs for us!