Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year, a few days late.

Lee's parents Mike and Patty, his sister Janean, and his brother's Calvin and Wesley came over for New Years Eve. We had a potluck Mexican Feast. Lots of food! I didn't take any pics of the food, I was busy. Because of the snow-on both parts (especially thiers) we didn't get together before Christmas.
Mason with Uncle Wes. When Uncle Wes is here all you hear from Mason is "Hey Wes, hey Wes". Mason loves to show Wesley everything.

Patty made a sign for Lee and I. It's done with vinyl lettering. I've been dying to do this, but she beat me to it, and better yet...she had our WEDDING DATE put on it. I'm going to hang this somewhere where Lee will see it every single day. He tends to forget things like our Anniversary. Well, not really, but that's another post for another time. I'll just say May and June give him high anxiety.

Here is Calvin w/ Janean. Janean is 2nd to the oldest in the family. She is mentally 2-3 years old, depending on what day of the week it is. The first time I met Mike and Patty, Janean greeted me first as soon as I walked in the door. We were literally nose to nose as she was hugging me. The very first words that Mike and Patty ever said to me was "Just push her away Hope, just push her away". It's close to impossible to get a good picture of her. She gets really excitable when there are alot of people around too.

Patty didn't get a chance to see Mac and Mason for their Birthdays, so she brought their Birthday and Christmas presents. She also made this train cake. She has these train cake molds that she baked the cakes in, then she frosted and decorated the trains with candies. She also had some licorice for train tracks.

Mike and Patty got Mac a little treasure chest with old "wheat" coins inside of it. They were the old style coins we used to use a long time ago. There was also a silver penny in it. They didn't have copper, so they used silver instead. Things I didn't know until a few days ago.

Mason got his pop gun from his grandparents. It makes a "pop" everytime you push or pull it. Because Mason is so quick, he has turned this into a "semi-automatic" weapon, making the "pop" noise fast and loudly. This was of course a big hit with him. I had to kind of hide it from him for a few hours yesterday to save my sanity. I had to help him find it because he was missing it for 2 hours, he was almost in tears. So I took it out.

And I managed to get a decent picture of Janean after all. It only took 6-7 attempts. We hope all of you had a Happy New Year!







3 comments:

Jessica Chalmers said...

Thanks for the pictures of the Family. It is nice to see how the folks and two youngest are doing. Mexican feast was always a tradition for us on New Year's Eve when we were growing up. Did she make green chillie casserole? My mouth is watering just thinking about it. The train cake is awesome! Too cute!

Hope said...

She didn't make the green chile casserole, she made some enchiladas. The Mexican feast was Lee's idea. I made some super loaded Nachos and Chicken Torillas. It was all yummy. Sorry you couldn't be here for it.
P.S. Don't tell your Dad you saw him on the internet.

Derick, Whitney, and O'lena said...

Derick said the same thing about Mike, before I even read the comment! "Don't let dad know he's on the internet!" So funny. Great pictures. The train was great! Now I know where D gets his baking talent. It sounded like you guys had fun. Happy New Year!