Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy 40th Birthday Lee!

I am not going to write 40 wonderful things about my husband, because I still have to bake his cake, and it would take me all day. But I am going to share why I love him so much. I promise, this won't be too sappy.
You married me despite the fact that I couldn't cook, bake, sew, or do crafts. I introduced you to your first frozen entree our first week of marriage, and you ate it.
When you come home from work, you say "Hello", take a shower, eat dinner, and then relax, sometimes falling asleep.

You are a good Dad to our boys. You include them in almost everything you do. You teach them right from wrong, how to ride a motorcycle (and make them love it), how to play X-Box (is that really a good thing), how to work and the importance of having a work ethic, how to be prepared, and a bunch of other stuff that is important too. When Mason was born and in the hospital, it was the worst time of our lives. You were strong enough for both of us. When I was falling apart at the seams or going crazy in the head, you managed to calm me down and reason with the crazy woman you were married too. Even though I was mad at you when you took me home for the first time, 8 days after Mason was born, and I left kicking & screaming-crying non stop all the way home....You were right about telling me it was time for me to come home and distance myself a little. You don't like going to hospitals, but you managed to put your feelings aside to be with our baby boy.
You like to go fast, on your motorcycle. You like tight corners. You like to take the backroads. And I'm so glad you don't own the blasted thing above anymore. But you still have your other 2 machines in your garage.

You can design something on a piece of paper, have someone else do the engineering, and then build & construct it. You can do anything and everything. You work very, very, very, hard for our family. I am grateful I am able to be a stay-at-home Mom for our boys, and you make it all possible.
We think alike. I can't read your mind (like you think I should), but when we have an idea for something, we always manage to think the same things, come to compromises, and meet in the middle. You have strong opinions about all things pertaining to our home-like wall paint colors, furniture, and appliances. Why can't you just say "Yes, Dear" and just agree?

You often times do things that you don't want to do, but do them anyways because I asked you nicely (not nagged). You do listen to me when I don't think you are.
You love James Bond. When you were at Border Patrol Academy, you were once told "Mr. Bryant, your reputation has preceeded you". It wasn't a good thing at the time, and I won't disclose the reasons why. But, this was something that you always wanted to hear. However, when I asked you who you would rather be....James Bond or Jack Bauer-you said, Jack Bauer.
You also like Chicken Divan, Pumpkin Pie, & Korean Food. You are a "Gadget" guy and manage to talk yourself into or reason yourself into buying these said gadgets. Your favorite gadget-your GPS/Navagation system-that speaks several different languages-in a female voice (which you have names for all of them), that won't yell at you when you take a wrong turn.
I am grateful you are my husband, and the father of our boys. Happy 40th Birthday! Now I have to go and bake your cake.







No comments: