Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hit by the FLU!

Last weekend, was probably the worst weekend our family has ever had since...Mason was in the IICU at Childrens after he was born. I am not exaggerating when I say this. I had the stomach flu for the first time in I think 9 years. If I'd had it after Mason was born, I can't remember it.
Mason had the stomach flu the night of Lee's birthday. He ate dinner, and then 1 hour later, puked. He then proceeded to puke almost every hour on the hour until around 3:30am Thursday. I wasn't too concerned because after he would puke, he wanted to drink water and/or Sprite. He slept most of Thursday, and only puked 2 times. He felt better on Friday, but I kept him home from school, and then he started to crash or fall asleep, late afternoon/evening. Lee came home, we ran some errands, got some Taco Bell for dinner.....then around 8:00pm I puked. If there is anything on this earth that I hate more...it's puking. This thing came really fast. Then around 10:00pm (I think), Mac started puking! I told him "Mac, you have to make it to the toilet to puke, because if you miss it or if you don't make it, I can't take care of you, I can't clean it up. You are on your own." Not a nice thing to tell her teenage son, but I was busy taking care of myself at this point. And if anyone knows anything about Lee, he's not a "caregiver". He's not one to play nurse to us when one is sick. He does alot of things, and does them well-but caring for the sick, nnnoooo! He was ready to check into the closest hotel after Mac was puking. Mac and I both felt bad on Saturday, slept most of the day. On Sunday we both woke up like nothing happened. We stayed home from Church so not to "spread the wealth" so to speak. And Lee waited around to see if he was going to get sick, because he felt it was inevitable....but he didn't get sick. Whew! I never would have heard the end of it from him. Oh, but Lee did order Pizza Hut on Saturday night...Mac and I did NOT partake of the pizza fest he and Mason were having.

2 comments:

Jessica Chalmers said...

uhh, I am so sorry, I hate the flu, too1

Derick, Whitney, and O'lena said...

I am glad that you are feeling better.