Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

We had a great Thanksgiving Weekend! It was busy, very busy. My cousin, who lives in Sultan with her family came over. She is my second cousin-but I've known her most of my life. She and her husband are around our age, so it was really nice to catch up, talk about the families, her Dad and my Grandma Bocz (who passed away last August). We had a great dinner and dessert (hello PIES!).
I spent Friday shopping (Old Navy at 6:00am), cleaning up, and setting up our Christmas tree with lots of help from Mason. He gets excited for Christmas and LOVES the decorating part of it. Mason and I drug the totes out from underneath the house and went through stuff. I couldn't find the Christmas lights from all of the shifting around Lee did over the summer. He could "feel" my displeasure of not having my lights right away. He told me I was way ahead of my Christmas decorating schedule and I needed to relax a bit. He knew if he wanted to live to see Monday...it was in his best interest to find them ASAP.
Mason and I drove to Yakima on Saturday. One of his classmates from his Sunday School class was getting baptised in Yakima with his cousins and so we went. Mason got car sick in Kirkland. I couldn't believe it! He was more upset about me thinking we needed to go home and forget about it. I found a Rite Aid and bought some cleaning supplies. The cashier had pity upon me and gave me extra plastic bags. I got things cleaned up and off we went to Yakima. If Mason got sick again between Kirkland and Yakima I was going home. We made it there-we visited, we went to the baptism(s)-there were 3 kids getting baptised. We stayed with my brother Sam and his wife Andrea. We visited them too. It was a quick trip, but that was alright.
We stopped in Ellensburg to visit Grandma Dawson...but she was so sound asleep. I didn't want to wake her. So we took off for home. Mason slept all the way home from Ellensburg. He was worn out! So was I. But to my pleasant suprise, Lee found my lights! He said they were right in front of me (probably blocked by some insulation and other stuff of his). I didn't see them and Mason and I really searched. I put the lights on the tree so it didn't look so sad.
I have been finishing "Decking our Halls" around here with some new decorations thanks to some awesome sales I hit after Christmas last year. I'll take photos and post them later.

No comments: