Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Our Halls are Decked

The reason why I haven't been blogging so much....I've been busy "Decking our Halls". I do this with little to no assistance from my boys. They decorate the tree, but that's about it. Lee declared to Mac one year when he was about 4 years old "Son, don't touch the Christmas lights, your Mom's a little freaky about how the lights are done".

Our Main Christmas tree in the upstairs living room. It's artifical because Lee is affraid of the house catching on fire with a live one. I have tree smelling candles burning through the house to get the "tree" scent going on. The garland over the tree is a new addition. It was Lee's idea of all people. I got a screaming deal on garland at Target last year after Christmas. Like the boombox on the right? It's Lee's work one and he's letting me borrow it so I can play our Christmas CD's.

This is our "Charlie Brown" Christmas tree that is downstairs in the Family Room. It's small, it has multi colored LED lights and the boys are in charge of it. They have full and complete control of this tree. I added extra blue LED lights this year and it looks really cool.

I have 3 different Nativities on the entertainment center. I used to have some garland strung across the entertainment center...but we have a plasma TV now, so NOTHING is to be strung across it. I was having plug in issues for some Christmas lights on top of the "Center" and found some battery operated lights. It excited me.

This is our front door. I started to put garland with white Christmas lights around the door and on the banister of our porch last year. Lee installed a new front door a couple of months ago and it's a full window door. So no wreath can go on the new door. But do you think that stopped me? NO!
I found these Gel Sticky things at a store on S. Whidbey Island a few months back. We have a white roman shade for the door (for privacy at night or whenever) so the sticky things looked pretty cool on the door.

This is the Christmas wreath that used to be on the front door that is now on the front closet door. I made it 5 or more years ago. I love it.

Our Stockings that are hung around the gas stove. We have little mantels on each side and Train stocking holders. You can't see them. But, more garland and there are little red holly LED battery operated lights in the garland. They are cute at night.

The Santa table. This was the first year I've been able to do this because Mason won't get into stuff so much. Mason is in charge of counting down the day til Christmas.


Our China cabinet...more garland and little red lights are up there too. With some little ornaments tied in there.

My new big addition to the Christmas decorations...the garland with white lights and little ornaments tied into it. It goes around the new sliding glass door-in our dining room- that Lee installed as well a few months ago. I had enough garland and lights and I couldn't help myself. It looks way cooler in real life, but I love it.
So as you can see, we are ready for Christmas...well, we have been completely decorated since December 5th. Now, time to get those cards out!

No comments: