Monday, July 27, 2009

Mason & Thomas the Tank Engine

Ever since Mason was 2-3 years old, he has been obsessed with Thomas the Tank Engine. We kept the Brio & Thomas Wood train track that Mac had and Mason played with it as soon as he could put the track together. He watched the Videos/DVD's that we had, he loved the books, etc. It always blew us away how when we went to a Toy Store and it showed ALL of the Thomas the Tank Engine trains with his friends-how Mason knew ALL of them by name before he could read. I would pick him up a train for him after he had shots from the doctor, a medical proceedure, or after a hospital stay. Promising him an "engine" at the end of something big was always good bribery or leverage to get him to cooperate with something. In April or May, I found out that Thomas was going to be a the Train Museum in Snoqualmie. I got us all tickets to go a few weeks ago. We didn't tell him what we were doing that day when he asked, until we were on our way there.

Mason w/ Thomas the Tank Engine. His face really lit up when we walked towards him.
Mason with Sir Topham Hat (yes, I know almost ALL of the characters).

Mason walking to board the train. This was Mason's 2nd train ride.

Mason with Gordon, Percy, and James.

They had a LEGO "Island of Sodor", that was really cool. He was very interested in this. He's really into LEGO's now.

Mason in front of this big old train. He loved looking at all of the older trains they had. For the Thomas Event, there were alot of toddlers ages 1-5 years of age. As we were there, I could see that Mason was having fun, but sort of growing out of the Thomas thing a bit. I couldn't believe the parents bringing their 1-2 year olds, I don't think I would have done it.

Mason on the train...he really loved it.

Mac and Dad enjoyed it too. Although, Mac told me that he sort of wished he would have stayed home. That's a teenager for you!

Afterwards, we went to Snoqualmie Falls. It was beautiful. It had been years (alot of years) since I had been there.

But I think I appreciate it more now, than I did almost 20 years ago.

No comments: