Thursday, July 31, 2008

In Search of a New Camera, a Visit, and Donuts.

In my search of a new camera, I went to Best Buy yesterday-JUST TO LOOK. Mason came with me, so I didn't get a lot of "looking" done. There were almost 100 different choices (okay more like 50), my head started to spin, and I got overwhelmed. I narrowed it down to two different ones-one of them is a Canon and the other I think is a Sony. I saw all of the cute pink, purple, and blue camera's, and it came down to how I really don't care what color it is, as long as it's easy for me to use. I need easy in my dyslexic life. I also need it bigger than my cell phone. I would lose one of those cute little mini ones.
I went to go visit An Ordinary Mom's Lucy and see little Eli. He is so beautiful! And a good little baby. I got to hold him for a long time, and he slept and we visited. I used to live near Lucy and I have recently realized how much I miss her and my friends in Seattle. I enjoyed our visit, I ran an errand for her and took Keri with me, and Mason. Keri is about the same age as Mason, and was a wonderful influence on him. Lucy also showed me her camera, and told me why she likes her's. It kind of looked like the one I want to get.
And, no trip to Seattle is complete without stopping at the local neighborhood Krispy Creme's. We lived 3 minutes from this place for 2 years, and if I didn't have "something" somewhat ready by 8:00 on a Saturday morning for breakfast, Lee would get the boys in the car and go to Krispy Creme's for donuts and chocolate milk. It amazes me how much Mason remembers about living there. He was so young, but he always remembers where we are in Seattle, and that we need to stop for donuts. We went through the drive thru (a mommy's best friend) and I ordered 3 different donuts-and I went to open the box up (because Mason was foaming at the mouth) and his plain donuts were not there. Out of an order of 8 donuts total-6 of them were not right. So I go in there, and tell the Manager- in a nice way- what donuts we ordered (I brought in the box). He gave me the donuts I was missing (and didn't order) and made me keep the mistakes-because they just THROW THEM AWAY. So, I ended up with more donuts than I wanted. I'm sure Lee won't have a problem with it.
Mac has also been gone this week, and someone misses his big brother very much. His parents miss his guts too.

1 comment:

An Ordinary Mom said...

I am SO glad you stopped by! It has been way too long since we were able to chat. We need to get together more often.

Thanks for running my errand for me and thanks for the amazingly delicious peaches you gave us ... we ate a whole bottle just tonight! They were fabulous!

Let us know what camera you decide to get.

P.S. We love the donut shop in our house, too!