Saturday, July 26, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy July

Yes, we are still all here. We have had a busy month, here are some of the highlights (without pics, and we will get to that).

My Sister-In-Law (my brother Sam's wife) and kids came for a visit and stayed a week. Andrea and her kids (Zach, Riley, and Gracie) came from Yakima-and we literally ran all week with 5 kids in tow. We bought Seattle City Passes, which was a great deal if you broke it all down. We went to Pacific Science Center, IMAX movie, The Aquarium, a 1 hour harbor tour of the Seattle Harbor, Woodland Park Zoo, and the pass also came with passes to 1 of 3 museums, but we didn't go-because the kids were tired (and so were we). It was nice spending so much time with Andrea. Her and Sam have been married for 1 year, and we haven't had a chance to really sit and visit much-so it was nice once the kids were in bed, to chat, watch a movie, or whatever.

On our way home from the Zoo on Thursday late afternoon/evening, my Mom called to let me know that pickling cucumbers were up, and because of the heat, they were only available for a week. So, I had to act fast. The following week was also going to be busy with Cub Scout Camp and another visitor, and babysitting my friends 2 boys for 2 days. So after a busy week doing all things Seattle, I went to Yakima on Friday. We drove down in the morning, got my cucumbers and stuff. Visited with my Parents, and went home that night to prepare to make pickles all day Saturday. But that didn't happen. I needed to get supplies and wash jars and prepare. These are things I usually do BEFORE I go to Yakima-but it didn't happen. After I ran errands, I took a nap, and didn't make the pickles until after church on Sunday. I made 39 Quarts of Pickles and 14 Pints of bread and butter pickles, which was a new thing for me.

The following Monday, I volunteered 2 days for Cub Scout Camp. I am the Webelos Assistant Den Leader, so I volunteered as a leader, being that Mac is a full blown Boy Scout now. I was told I was a saint several times for being at Day Camp, without having a Cub Scout in Day Camp. I switched "daycare" with another Mom-who was also volunteering 2 days as well. She watched Mason, while I watched her 2 boys when she went. I was a "station leader" for Scientist for 2 days. I didn't know what I was doing, and hated Science in my youth. The experiments were fun, the boys had a good time, and I did 10 Mentos and Diet Coke Fountains in 2 days. I don't want to see another 2 liter bottle of Diet Coke or a package of Mentos for the next 6 months.

After my 2 day stint at Camp, my other Sister-in-Law (Lee's sister) called on Monday wanting to come over Tuesday evening with her 2 adorable little girls Natalie and Ashtin. She came a day early. I didn't get a chance to put my house back together from my previous company, or put my pickles away. She came, and I was so happy to see her and the girls. Jessica has been in Washington for almost a month from Florida. She goes back in about a week. We went shopping at Seattle Premium Outlets (10 minutes away from my house), visited, played with the girls. They just wanted to hang out. Thursday I was trying to get Mac ready for Scout Camp. He needed olive green "Scout Pants". The Scout shop didn't have any his size. We were blessed to find some that fit him, and the best part, I didn't have to hem them!!! Thank You REI! Thursday evening, all of the Bryant Grandchildren had their portrait taken, together. There are 9 total ranging in the ages of 12, 10, 9, 8, 6, 3, 2, 2, and almost 1 years of age. I wrote 2 twice because there are two 2 year olds. It was interesting to say the least. There wasn't 1 picture where all of them were smiling, looking forward, etc. The older kids were looking like zombies with fake smiles, while waiting on the smaller kids to stop crying or look forward. I finally said "we are never going to get a perfect picture, so we need to take what we can get". We were there for an hour.

Friday-was getting Mac packed and ready for his first Boy Scout Camp. His troop went to Idaho, and will be back next Saturday. Mac was really excited. They were meeting at 3:30pm-so we had the morning and afternoon to finish what we needed at Target or G.I. Joe's/Joe's. We got him at the Church on time. I then wanted to crash.

While Jessica was here, she was able to update her blog (my In-laws have dial-up). I showed her what I did to mine with Leelou Blogs, and she showed me the "how to get pictures" on my blog. So, I got my camera (because I had been taking pics) and Lee forgot to put on the memory card IN THE CAMERA!! She showed me with her pics and blog an,d I will be buying my own camera, my own flash drive thing, and Lee WON'T TOUCH IT.

Sorry for the "book" on our lives. So tell me, what kind of camera do you have? I'll be shopping for a new camera next week.

No comments: