Friday, February 5, 2010

Haircuts

When Mason was a toddler, his hair started growing into these beautiful, little red head, curls. The Spring of 2004 I think, his head was sweaty when he ran around, and he was a miserable little guy. So we had to cut the curls off. Lee and I never heard the end of it from the Grandparents, and quite honestly....Lee didn't think I had the guts to have them cut off. Since then, he has always had a "big boy" haircut. In November, Lee was looking at pics of Mason and said "hey, it's winter time now, lets grow Mason's hair out and see what happens". The only person who wasn't "on board" with this idea was Mason. I had to squirt his hair with a spray conditioner every morning so his hair would be less frizzy and less "poofy". He hated this process and over the course of this week particularly, he got mad at me 3 times this week about not getting his hair cut. Then, Lee said something about "well, why don't you cut his hair?" Like it was MY idea to grow it out. So yesterday after school, we went to get Mason's haircut.

The before pic...wouldn't smile because he wasn't happy.

After....a very happy guy!

I picked Mac up from Wrestling practice yesterday, and left Mason with Lee and Mac and I went to the Mall to run some errands for him. One of those things was getting his haircut too. We went to a Mastercuts in the Mall. He wouldn't let me take his before pic. He suddenly became annoyed with me. THEN....a couple of girls his age walked in getting thier hair cut too. I said something too him, and he wouldn't respond. I asked him something else and he gave me "the look". When I give "the look" Lee calls it the "Look of Death". Mac resembles me, so he gave me the "Look of Death". His haircut was over, and then he bolted while I paid for his haircut. So, no pics of Mac. It's not because I favor one child over the other, it's because I have a TEENAGE BOY now and he is a non willing participant. Now it has started, and now I have to be sneaky.

No comments: