Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Football Season has Started!

Since Mac was very, very young (age 5) he has wanted to play Football. This was mostly fueled by his Sunday School teacher, who played Football when he was in college, his sons played Football at the time, and felt that Mac was built to play Football. I said No for 3 years until finally, I gave in just before he turned 10. He didn't want to play Soccer, Baseball, Basketball. Just Football. This year, is his 4th Season.

The first year Mac played, I found myself helping out a bit. One thing lead to the next and I aquired all the e-mail address of the parents and found myself e-mailing directions to where the games were (we lived on South Whidbey at the time). Then the Coach was calling me asking me to e-mail the parents about this, that, and the other thing. Which, I didn't mind...the Coach needed help. The second year, was more intense. I became Team Mom to Mac's team and was finding Mom's to help out with the Pee Wee team. I sent e-mails out to parents of 3 teams of information and directions to games, and whatever the Coaches needed parents to know. There were over 100 e-mail addresses that second year.

Since we moved to Lake Stevens, there are so many Football teams in the area, it's hard to count and keep track. It's nice to just sit and watch Mac play for once, and not having to organize bake sales/concessions, paperwork, e-mails, who's bringing half-time oranges, games, etc. Although, I enjoy volunteering in activities that my kids are involved in. Mac plays several positions offense and defense. He's out on the field alot. Before every game, there are 4-5 kids who walk out to the field to greet eachother and talk to the Refs. He is one of the kids who do that.

This is Mac's "Mom, do you REALLY have to take a picture of me"? look. Last weekend, he made 5 tackles. He works hard at Football, it's a long season, and a big commitment for parents because of all the practices, and every Saturday is Game Day. But I don't mind. I love seeing him do something he loves so much.


No comments: