Monday, June 30, 2008

Nectarine Jam

7 years ago, a friend of mine made Nectarine Jam. She told me it was her new favorite jam, and her other favorite was Peach. I love Peaches, but after I made this jam-this has become my favorite, and will make a ton of it this summer, which is pretty much now. I got this recipe on the internet (my friend was on vacation at the time I needed it). It's super simple, and super yummy! The recipe is from a lady in Texas, so my friend Becky will appreciate that.

Nectarine Jam

6 Cups of Nectarines
3 Cups of Sugar
1/2 Cup of Lemon Juice

Slice up 6 cups of Nectarines, add sugar and lemon juice. Cook it for 1 hour on a mild boil. Skim foam, and put into jars. Process the jam in a Water Bath canner for 5 minutes.

*Hope's Notes: I peeled the Nectarines the first batch I made (put them in boiling water for 30 seconds or until the peel comes off, then dipped them in cold water). The second batch, I was getting tired, so I didn't peel the Nectarines, and the jam turned out to be darker-and it tasted different, not bad different. I preferred the peeled Nectarines. The recipe didn't specify peeled or unpeeled. The texture and consistency was absolutely perfect!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Yummy, I am almost out of strawberry jam so I will have to try this recipe out next.